Every once in a while, I like to cringe at my previous diary entries and then use then as blog posts. As always, [personal comments in brackets]
6th Grade: Day before Thanksgiving (like today)
No school! [random scrawl of song lyric is here…probably from some DDR song twitch]
My thoughts are whizzing around my head. Do I like [NOPE. NOT REVEALING 6TH GRADE CRUSH.]? Out of all the people I have liked, he was the only one I never regretted. Amazingly. He’s just…different from everyone. But…it’s in a bad way. But how could I? This is crazy! And I really want someone to kiss me. Just to see what it’s like. I’m just afraid if it happens, I’m going to regret it….[I may have been the one of the nerdiest people in a nerd school, but in many ways, I was a typical middle school girl.]
I got an actual crochet hook today! [Previously I had been using a knitting needle…somehow.] The
one two problems are that I don’t really know how to use it and that it’s too thick. And I went to the library! Checked out books. (really obvious) I played DDR too!
Day Rating: 9.4 I will definitely reach my goal. [I was trying to stop nail biting at the time…sadly, it did not work]
7th grade: Thanksgiving Day
11/25/10 [Where’s my pen? [This entry is the only one that year I wrote in pencil]
List of stuff I’m thankful for:
- Our roof did not collapse
- Our roof/ceiling was only a little wet
- It’s not leaking anymore (partially thanks to me :) )
- I’m going Black Friday shopping tomorrow! [Judge me.]
- We still had turkey
- I don’t have a sore throat.
- I don’t feel like throwing up
- I have all 5 of my senses
- My brother’s home
- [The guy I stalked] knows that I exist. XD
- I don’t need Cymbalta [depression medication]
- I’m living comfortably
- “_____” [direct quote] is not reading my mind (Do I seriously believe that?)
- [Name of friend] (and all my other friends) are still at T.H. Rogers
- [Teacher who led this stuff] loves me – and I got a 100 on her test. [Why did I focus so much on grades at the time]
- I am doing Science Fair [I did my project with a friend that year..not sure why this is on the list. Our project ended up going pretty well]
- I don’t have a Facebook…yet
- My story got into Scholastic [Yup, it’s this one. Spoiler alert: it ends up not winning anything and I end up crying.]
- [Friend] and I got to do the teaching assignment. [We got assigned to teach a hearing impaired class about the American Revolution for an hour. Spoiler alert: It’s not as glamorous as it sounds, and it doesn’t go that well]
- I’m in [see teacher in #15] homeroom- and I got an orange [She threw me an orange slice during homeroom once. Laughing when I think about my current math teacher’s reaction to oranges.]
- I don’t like ________ anymore. [In pen, I’ve filled in the blank with *insert many names here*]
- I finished my crocheting!
- I have not worn [insert brands I swore I would never wear…]
- There’s a source of music.
- There’s still time to read [YES YES YES. CURRENT ME IS TELLING YOU TO BE THANKFUL FOR THAT.]
- I currently don’t have insomnia.
- I have a backup writing utensil
- There’s no homework over the break!
- I made this list
- I AM STILL ME!!!