I’ve always wanted to complete one of these. Here goes.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
I haven’t used iTunes in a while, but this is what Grooveshark turns up:
Chu by f(x)
All the Things She Said by T.a.t.u.
Oh! by SNSD
I’d Do Anything by Simple Plan
Feel Again by OneRepublic
Dreams by the Cranberries
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
I want to say John Green, but I can feel myself regretting this decision
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
*grabs chemistry book*
There are exactly 1609.344 m in a mile. How many meters are in a distance of 1.35 mi?
Closest actual book: Class Rules
and Social Class. He began his study with a clear position (1972), “The
4) What do you think about most?
Am I doing anything substantial with my life?
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
I don’t text. Judge me.
6) Do you sleep with or without on?
? With or without what? Ugh, tumblr quality.
7) What’s your strangest talent?
I wish I knew.
8) Girls…. (finish the sentence); Boys…. (finish the sentence)
Girls rule. Boys drool. Just kidding, but I’m not going to make any generalizations about half the world.
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
YES…by me. #narcissist.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
I used to have a huge fear of death, aka necrophobia.
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
Yes…and let’s leave it at that.
13) What’s your religion?
Agnostic, or according to some people, atheist.
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Trying to not be outside.
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind, but then I end up regretting it when the pictures end up on Facebook. (Darn you FOMO.)
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
The only group I’ve found recently on my own is Swimming With Dolphins, and I kind of really like them, so that.
17) What was the last lie you told?
“I don’t have any money.”
18) Do you believe in karma?
I believe that everything random in life has an equal chance of happening and that on average the good balances out the bad, so I guess.
19) What does your URL mean?
It’s an abbreviation of afanofideas, which is a pun on my name. Coincidentally, it also sounds like “a time” en français.
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My greatest weakness is that I’m not efficient at getting things done, but my greatest strength is thinking through life, if that makes any sense.
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
Ugh, I don’t keep up with pop culture. But while we’re talking about unattainable people, ETIENNESTCLAIRETIENNESTCLAIRETIENNESTCLAIRETIENNESTCLAIR.
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
no. just no.
23) How do you vent your anger?
Whack the person closest to me if they’re my friend
Piano if my fingers are willing to coordinate
Rant on WordPress for about 2 sentences until I realize that I have nothing substantial to say
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
Does this blog count as a collection of my thoughts?
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
26) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
It’s more a feeling of acceptance. I can’t imagine becoming anyone else, or even how my life could have been different.
27) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
People genuinely screaming and/or crying, and pretty ringtones.
28) What’s your biggest “what if”?
What if I weren’t just an arrangement of atoms that happened to experience consciousness? (It’s actually an inexplicable feeling I get every now and then, and this is the best way I can put it into words.)
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
No, and yes, statistically there has to be ET life.
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
Air above my keyboard, ditto.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
32) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
School as it is now.
33) Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
No, I won’t choose.
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
Finding the balance between learning and creating, as well as creating and living by your own set of morals
36) Define: Art.
Art isn’t only a painting. Art is anything that’s creative, passionate, and personal. And great art resonates with the viewer, not only with the creator.
What makes someone an artist? I don’t think is has anything to do with a paintbrush. There are painters who follow the numbers, or paint billboards, or work in a small village in China, painting reproductions. These folks, while swell people, aren’t artists. On the other hand, Charlie Chaplin was an artist, beyond a doubt. So is Jonathan Ive, who designed the iPod. You can be an artists who works with oil paints or marble, sure. But there are artists who work with numbers, business models, and customer conversations. Art is about intent and communication, not substances.
An artists is someone who uses bravery, insight, creativity, and boldness to challenge the status quo. And an artists takes it personally.
That’s why Bob Dylan is an artist, but an anonymous corporate hack who dreams up Pop 40 hits on the other side of the glass is merely a marketer. That’s why Tony Hsieh, founder of Zappos, is an artists, while a boiler room of telemarketers is simply a scam.
Tom Peters, corporate gadfly and writer, is an artists, even though his readers are businesspeople. He’s an artists because he takes a stand, he takes the work personally, and he doesn’t care if someone disagrees. His art is part of him, and he feels compelled to share it with you because it’s important, not because he expects you to pay him for it.
Art is a personal gift that changes the recipient. The medium doesn’t matter. The intent does.
Art is a personal act of courage, something one human does that creates change in another.”
37) Do you believe in luck?
Reference karma question.
38) What’s the weather like right now?
39) What time is it?
As of now, 7:46 PM
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
No, and no
41) What was the last book you read?
Class Rules, by Peter W. Cookson Jr.
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
43) Do you have any nicknames?
None that I like.
44) What was the last movie you saw?
Something tells me that I’ve watched a movie in school this year, but assuming not, Despicable Me 2.
45) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
In terms of the most blood, I cut myself on a door once. It bled through a Band-Aid even after I washed it out. Yeah, I’ve been relatively unharmed.
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
I don’t think I’ve tried?
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
I’m pretty obsessive over what philosophy I should live life with.
48) What’s your sexual orientation?
Straight, and nothing’s ever challenged it.
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
50) Do you believe in magic?
No, but I love seeing magic tricks and not being able to figure out they work. Also, I’m not a huge Harry Potter fan, so…
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
I won’t outright show it, but I don’t ever forget this type of stuff.
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money or spend it?
Save because I don’t know what to spend it on.
54) What’s the last thing you purchased?
Popcorn because I was starving in 4th period.
55) Love or lust?
I’m really not in the mood to contemplate this.
56) In a relationship?
57) How many relationships have you had?
Depends on your definition of relationship.
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
I’ve tried really hard, but no.
59) Where were you yesterday?
I was at Rice in the morning, and then I stayed at home for the rest of the day
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Some fabric flowers.
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
No, but I’m wearing some nice fuzzy slippers.
62) What’s your favorite animal?
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
I really wouldn’t call myself an expert on this, but talk to them? A lot? Oh, and insulting them works nicely…sometimes.
64) Where is your best friend?
65) Spit or swallow?(;
This is a stupid question.
66) What is your heritage?
中国人. Although I was born here, so ABC. (American Born Chinese)
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
68) What do you think is Satan’s last name?
He obviously doesn’t have one.
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
I’ll act like I don’t understand this question, because I don’t.
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
If only I knew what I looked like to others.
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
Who says I can’t do both? Although 1) I have no idea how to save a drowning dog, 2) I don’t have a job, and 3) who wants a boss like that?
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I’d want to tell everyone, but then it’d just become a month of people pitying me, so I’d just let it out to whoever it seems appropriate to at the time. Let life take it’s own path
b) Probably sit and observe the world in huge detail, read, laugh, and get into some deep philosophical thought.
c) YES. Reference necrophobia above.
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
74) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
If I knew, that would be the theme song to my life. Perhaps the closest is Peace Sign by LIGHTS.
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
0778, now good luck guessing the rest.
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
A willingness to adapt to each other’s changes, but of course, that’s long-term. Who knows about short term ones.
77) How can I win your heart?
1) Don’t be a popular, arrogant jerk.
2) Be clever/witty/funny and talk to me.
3) Listen to me when I’m being serious.
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
Yes, I consider calling someone crazy and insane a compliment.
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Refusing to be a product of the system.
80) What size shoes do you wear?
8-8.5, preferably wide.
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
I’m supposed to know this how?
82) What is your favorite word?
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm because all the other words are made of it. What do you mean that’s not a word?
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:heart.
84) What is a saying you say a lot?
85) What’s the last song you listened to?
Sleep to Dream by Swimming with Dolphins.
86) Basic question: what’s your favorite color/colors?
All of them, but not all of them at the same time.
87) What is your current desktop picture?
I don’t think solid blue counts as a picture.
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
I feel like the best answer is a terrorist, but I’m going to say Waldo, so we’d finally know where he was.
89) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
None, because I like to think that I’m open and detached enough from the world to not care about what others think of me. Well, that is until someone asks me a question that I’m afraid to answer.
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
Assuming that I had to get out of bed in order to turn the light on, I declare this situation impossible.
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
I had a phase where I would go around asking people what power they wanted to have, and time-control was the best answer I got. So time travel.
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
I’m not sure if this counts as the past, but it’d be great if I could stop hair-pulling.
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
This is a stupid question.
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Just keep circulating in the air until I decide where to land, assuming unlimited jet fuel. (obviously realistic)
96) Do you have any relatives in jail?
Yeah, some of my fifth cousins.
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car?
Not that I remember.
98) Ever been on a plane?
More like 20.
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
Most of you don’t know what the rest of the world is like. Change that.
100) Give me your top 5 favorite blogs on Tumblr.
I guess this is a sign that I took these questions from Tumblr, so I’m just going to list WordPress blogs instead.
In no particular order:
- http://seattlechunny.wordpress.com— written by one of my closest blogger friends
- http://www.karenx.com/ — this girl learned to dance in a year and taught herself web design. I’m not sure if there’s another blog out there to learn more from.
- http://thelittleenginethatcouldnt.wordpress.com/— Ok, this is a teen that got Freshly Pressed, aka chosen by the WordPress editors to be featured. Also doing NaBloPoMo. Much awe.
- http://acollectionofmusings.wordpress.com/– slightly off-beat in terms of topics, but very sarcastic and amusing.
- http://thequietvoice18.wordpress.com/— ugh, another Freshly Pressed teen. He deserves it though. A blog dedicated to book reviews and life, and probably the most successful WordPress blog I know of.
EDIT 11.30.2013: http://diplateevo.com/ HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN. Perhaps I see it as more of a freestanding website than a blog, but that’s not a valid excuse. Fantastic articles on education, productivity, and learning in a 21st century world. Yes, this makes 6 blogs, but that’s besides the point.